The Lucky Strike Cigarettes GILLCO™ Illuminated Sign
GILLCO™ cab lights are among the most decorative and unique lighted advertising signs ever created and our company is proud to continue the rich tradition of these incomparable products through our Limited-Editions. For this historic launching of the 80th Anniversary cab lights we have created a beautiful and evocative Lucky Strikes illuminated advertising sign.
Patterned from vintage, original signs from the 1930's, these intricately designed cab lights are painstakingly handmade one-at-a-time using over twenty separate and distinct steps. Featuring expertly composed hand drawn art, porcelain fired-on-glass graphics and elaborately scalloped Art Deco styled metal bases, our process ensures each sign is faithfully created to the original intent of Gill Glass Co.
We have not spared no expense or time to produce these beautiful illuminated cablights use materials and methods that exceed those produced originally by the Gill Glass Company in their permanence.
- GILLCO™ cab lights were originally manufactured by the Gill Glass Company of Philadelphia, PA beginning in 1935.
- The hand drawn art faithfully re-creates the Lucky Strike advertising of that era.
- Hand pulled artwork faithfully replicates Gill Glass Co preferred process of porcelain fired on glass graphics to create a depth of colors, luminosity, three-dimensionality and permanence that is unequaled by any other print on glass medium.
- Patterned from original signs each metal base were cast, hand finished and polished by Calcagno Foundry, a family owned foundry in Boring, Oregon using the same sand cast method that were used to create the original GILLCO™ bases.
- Sequentially numbered, Limited Editions feature a Certificate of Authenticity with the name of the owner.
- Sign includes lamp source and is ready to display.
Initial Launch of only Five (5) Editions. ONLY ONE SIGN IS AVAILABLE! To purchase your GILLCO Lucky Strikes cablight please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE: The Lucky Strike GILLCO cablight has sold out and is not offered for sale.
GILLCO™ is a registered trademark of the Small Batch Sign Company. To learn more about GILLCO™ cab lights and their enduring history read more HERE.